MANFORD’S NEW ACT OF THE YEAR 2019
We are excited to announce our search for the best new act in the UK 2019. One of the best things about having a chain of comedy clubs is we get to see the names of all the new exciting acts coming through the ranks. This competition will enable us to give these new acts a bigger leg up, and we will get to see them all perform on the night
New comedians are invited to apply to take part in the competition which will feature heats across the country through February, March and April 2019.
The final will be held on Sunday 12th May at Blackpool Winter Gardens as part of Manford’s Comedy Festival.
Jason Manford will be the host for the evening and we’ll have some esteemed judges to help choose the best act along with an audience vote. The winner will receive a £1000 prize, progression spots with Manford’s Comedy clubs, presented with an award and invited to appear as a guest on Jason Manford’s Absolute Radio show.
The Winners Prize will be £1000 with £250 for the runner up.
- Sat 2nd Feb – Southampton The Stage Door
- Fri 15th Feb – Matlock The Loft
- Fri 15th March – Poynton The Club 142 Park Lane
- Fri 22nd March – Sunderland Bonded Warehouse
Entry to the competition is open to all new comedians who are 18 or older at the time of their heat and have been going less than 24 months at the time of their heat.
1. The competition is for amateur acts only. Open spots who get expenses are allowed to enter. Manford’s reserve the right to disqualify or refuse entry to any act deemed to have been working as a professional comedian.
2. All acts who enter must be able to travel to their selected heat, the semi-final and final in Blackpool. Manford’s will try to accommodate any requests as to where an acts heat is.
3. All acts must perform their own, original material.
4. Material must be void of any racist, homophobic or hate speech material.
5. Manford’s reserve the right to refuse any application, at its sole discretions without reason.
6. The competition heat winners/runners up will be decided by audience vote/judges. Manford’s Comedy Club has the right to override any audience vote if it’s deemed unfair or suspect in anyway.
7. Attendance at the heats, semi final and final are solely at the applicants cost and risk.